#1 – Add Students to Your Class
- Login at MS Classroom
- Click on Teachers & Students in top right section of page
- Add students after quick search. Click DONE after finding all students
#2- Add Co-Teachers
- On the same screen where you add students, you can add teachers
- Search and select them
#3 – Create OneNote Class Notebook
- Click on Class Notebook tab
- Create Class Notebook with desired settings
- Open it as OneNote Online then EDIT in OneNote 2016 to sync a copy to your Win10 device
#4 – Start Conversations for Student Participation
- Create Conversations around identified class topics
- Edit members in group by clicking on ellipsis in top right corner of screen
#5 – Make Assignments
- Click on Assignments tab
- Click on + New Assignments
- Set title, due dates, description
- Set assignment for all classes for whom it applies, attach relevant documents, enable Conversation
#6 – Grade Assignments
- Click on Assignments tab
- Click on Assignment name in “In Progress” column
- Review “Submissions” and then easily enter grades, assigning comments as needed.
#7 – Share Files and Resources
- Click on “Files” tab to access the shared files for the class.
- Place Word, Excel, Powerpoint Online documents and other files for students to access.
#8 – Use Class Calendar
- All assignment due dates appear in calendar
- Add new dates for events (e.g. field trips) to class calendar for students to access
#9 – Manage Class
- Modify course info using the Manage tab as well as
- Update class banner, icon and course description
#10 – Update Notebook Settings
- Add/remove sections
- Update teacher/student button if changes to roster have been made
- Lock/unlock Class Notebook Collaboration space for student use
Attending TCEA 2017 Conference?
Microsoft believes in empowering every student to achieve more. In our mission to support educators in guiding and nurturing student passions, we are offering preconference professional learning to TCEA participants. Attendees at these sessions will be eligible to receive a complimentary Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) and Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) exam voucher for attending and earn badges on the Microsoft Educator Community to recognize their achievements.* Preregister to secure a seat.
2-Day MIE Trainer Academy
- Monday February 6th and Tuesday February 7th | 8:30AM-4:00PM Register Here
1-Day MIE Teacher Academy
1-Day MIE Teacher Academy: Minecraft Education Edition
to find session schedules and other information about Microsoft’s presence at TCEA as it develops.
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin’s blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure