Note: This blog entry originally published by TCEA TechNotes blog. Read other awesome blog entries by the TCEA team online at www.tcea.org/blog
|Image Source: Minecraft EDU|
On November 1, the full version of Minecraft: Education Edition will be available to purchase. For educators interested in trying the new title in their classroom for free before purchasing, the early access version of Minecraft: Education Edition will still be available for free through November 1.
Some key features appear to include:
- Classroom mode that:
- “enables educators to manage world settings”
- “communicate with students”
- give items and teleport students in the Minecraft world.
- list all students in the world
- world management settings with chat window
- Some neat additions that I had the chance to see at a recent Minecraft EDU:
- Leads and horses
- additional player skins
- pistons (wow)