The East Central ISD–in San Antonio, Texas–has posted its Director of Technology position…
DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY
March 8, 2016
The position of Director of Technology will be available for the 2015-2016 school year. All individuals (district employees included) who are interested in this position must apply online through AppliTrack via the district website – http://www.ecisd.net. The deadline for submitting an applications is 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, March 22, 2016 or until the position is filled .
Primary Purpose: Direct and manage the information systems and computer services for the district. Ensure efficient and effective access to information and related technology by all campuses and administrative departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides leadership and coordination of the district’s technology department.
2. Develops, implements, and controls the overall strategy and plans for the development, deployment and utilization of
technology to support the District in Departments and Campus operations.
3. Encourages and supports the development and implementation of innovative instructional programs to achieve identified needs.
4. Facilitates the use of existing technology in the teaching/learning process.
5. Provides foundation for developing student and teacher acceptance of future technological innovations.
6. Assists program directors in incorporating technology for efficiency of their daily operations.
7. Conducts training for staff to ensure that technology is being used effectively.
8. Plans for bids, purchases and follows through budget process to meet hardware and software needs.
9. Maintains a balanced technology budget and accurate hardware and software inventories within the district.
10. Manages repair needs in-house and external.
11. Analyzes facility and equipment needs for optimum teaching and learning; utilizes information to make necessary changes or
12. Implements the policies established by federal law, state law, state board of education rule, and the local policy in the area(s)
13. Actively seeks and uses evaluative feedback from peers, subordinates, and superordinates regarding performance.
14. Demonstrates openness and willingness to listen to parents and community members, and staff.
15. Communicates effectively with parents and community members, and staff.
16. Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of the district as it is communicated to the public.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Not all applicants will be interviewed. Each applicant’s resumé, application, and other available information will be considered in the screening process. Only those persons currently meeting all of the minimum requirements will be screened.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED/MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
•Master’s degree – preferred
•Understanding of and background in LANS and WANS and the type of applications that run over these networks
•Ability to interpret policy, procedures and data
•Experience in managing budgets and personnel
•Ability to prepare accurate reports and to present them to small and large groups in both formal and informal settings
•Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
•Successful experience as a campus administrator or comparable district level leadership role in instructional technology preferred
EQUIPMENT USED: Multiple platforms and devices
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain professional demeanor under stress. Protracted and irregular hours of work.
Prolonged sitting, light to moderate lifting and carrying.
Subject to frequent interruptions.
Frequent district-wide and occasional statewide travel.
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: 226-day basis
SALARY: Administrative Pay Grade 106. Based upon experience.