Note: The East Central ISD has shared the following job announcement for a Systems Interface Specialist. Read more below and apply online at http://www.ecisd.net:
Job Announcement – December 2, 2014
Systems Interface Specialist
The position for Systems Interface Specialist will be available in the East Central Independent School District for the 2014-2015 school year. Employees of the District may apply in writing to the Personnel Office. Others who are interested in this position may apply online at www.ecisd.net and then contact the Personnel Office at 210-648-7861 to express interest. The position will remain posted until it is filled.
Primary Purpose: The Systems Interface Specialist will be responsible for working with a variety of technology systems, specializing in database interfaces between student or business information systems and third party vendors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the interface of cloud based hosted applications, single sign-on technologies, and curriculum and software vendors systems.
- Support Student Information System (e.g. iTCCS) and data management systems, including the ECISD mirror copy of ITCCS data.
- Actively learn and apply knowledge of SQL, MySQL, VBScript, Windows Batch Scripting, etc.
- Create and maintain project plans that identify expectations, deliverables, tasks, milestone dates, status, and resource
- Apply appropriate project management techniques to minimize risk and ensure the success of all projects.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communication.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation related to assigned functions and responsibilities.
- Ensure that an exceptional level of customer service is provided.
- Complete post-project evaluations to determine how results were achieved.
- Understand and apply client/server applications architecture and management.
- Understand and offer input on growing the District’s network and server architecture.
- Display strong communication and organizational skills.
- Facilitate complex, cross-functional projects to successful completion with multiple departments and vendor partners.
- Produce high quality work in a dynamic environment.
- Exhibit efficient communication to stakeholders with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Display the ability to work under pressure and remain calm in the midst of changing circumstances.
- Exhibit the ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in the environment and priorities.
Note: Not all applicants will be interviewed. Each applicant’s resume, application, and other available information will be considered in the screening process. Only those persons currently meeting all of the minimum requirements will be screened.
1. Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
2. Experience developing, implementing, and refining systems, processes, and/or protocols
3. Ability to identify an issue, structure and implement a problem-solving approach
4. Ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences
5. Experience developing Gantt charts and using other common project management techniques/tools
EQUIPMENT USED: Computer, printer, digital cameras, video equipment, scanners, service tools, software programs
WORKING CONDITIONS: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Maintain emotional control under stress and work with frequent interruptions. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching. Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 45 pounds). Frequent districtwide travel.
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: 226 days SALARY: Based on experience
Roland Toscano – Superintendent of Schools
*An Equal Opportunity Employer*
View my Flipboard Magazine.
Make Donations via PayPal below: