Note: Over the next few weeks, I’ll be reading Eric Scheninger‘s book, Digital Leadership. Eric was kind enough to send me a copy and I’ll be sharing my notes and thoughts as I work my way through it. I’m honored that Eric sent me a print copy to read and share my thoughts on.
MyNotes – Foreword
The Foreword was written by Yong Zhao
- “Very few technologies are originally invented to serve an educational purpose…the education sector represents a huge irresistible market.”
- …the great potential of technology to improve education…is quite often not realized at all.
- Inspired by the great potential of technology, proponents wonder why everyone else doesn’t “see the light” as they do.
- Only when technology is used to provide meaningful solutions to educational problems will the majority of educators find reasons to adopt it.
- Humans develop technology to expand human capacities and occasionally to replace human labor in simple tasks….most industries in our society have undergone dramatic transformations and seek more complex human skills, knowledge, and abilities, which requires our students to develop different skills than their predecessors–skills that differentiate them from machines.
View my Flipboard Magazine.
Make Donations via PayPal below: