Network Services Technician position available in the beautiful, heavenly East Central ISD. Of course, I’m biased, but…it’s true! Check out the job announcement below….
Web Site: http://www.ecisd.net
EAST CENTRAL INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Network Services Technician – Revised
April 30, 2014
The position of Network Services Technician will be available immediately. Employees of the district may apply in writing to the Personnel office. Others who are interested in this position may submit an application online at http://www.ecisd.net and then contact the Personnel Office at 648-7861 to express interest. The deadline for submitting an application is 4:00 p.m., Friday, May 9, 2014 or until position is filled.
Primary Purpose: Develop, maintain, and monitor application servers, including but not limited to Active Directory, antivirus, district/campus servers, including virtualized machines (VMs). Responsible for installation, testing, and daily maintenance of network related equipment in support of the Network Services Engineer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Install network hardware (including wireless network), as well as recommend changes in computer hardware and software system to effect improvements, reduce costs, and improve efficiency on a district-wide basis.
2. Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain Ethernet local area network equipment and assist in the maintenance of district wide-area network equipment, as well as setup and maintenance of imaging deployment servers to create and deploy software packages and scripts via group policies.
3. Install, test, and configure commercially developed network software and operating systems and assist in the evaluation of network hardware and software.
4. Maintain expertise with networking equipment, and skills concurrent with applicable technology as required for successful job performance.
5. Perform tasks related to basic network connectivity including: running cables, termination of cat 5E jacks, tracing network connections, and troubleshooting and replacing nonfunctional connections.
6. Advise and assist District staff in the application of new and emerging network technology.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Not all applicants will be interviewed. Each applicant’s resume, application, and other available information will be considered in the screening process. Only those persons currently meeting all minimum requirements will be screened.
1. High school graduate or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent experience.
3. Experience with Active Directory, and Open Directory preferred, multiple OSs.
4. Able to comprehend technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
5. Experience in server setup, software packaging for automated delivery using scripts and group policy, and image creation.
6. Possess and retain a valid state of Texas driver’s license and be acceptable to the East Central School District insurance issuing authority for the operations of school district vehicles in the performance of assigned duties
EQUIPMENT USED: Computers, service tools, motor vehicle, telephone.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress.
Climbing, stooping, bending, heavy lifting, and kneeling; frequent use of small hand tools and electronic test equipment; frequent district-wide travel between schools. Occasional prolonged and irregular hours, including nights and weekends as needed. Normal classroom/office environments, and work around electrical energy.
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
260 days basis
SALARY: As per district salary schedule
View my Flipboard Magazine.
Make Donations via PayPal below: