Please be aware of this Technician job posting available through East Central ISD in San Antonio, Texas.
Primary Purpose: Perform on-site technical work to install and maintain computer equipment and network and software applications throughout the district. Respond to work order requests by diagnosing and repairing network and computer hardware.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install/upgrade operating systems on PC-Compatible and Macintosh computers and configure them to work with existing computer networks.
- Assist other technicians with troubleshooting and repairs and display exceptional attitude.
- Install/maintain software for network connectivity.
- Implement hardware and software problems on multiple computer types.
- Provide routine preventive maintenance of computers and other technology equipment.
- Keep records of repairs, maintenance, and other service costs.
- Commit to staff development on district systems and earning certifications required for advancement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Not all applicants will be interviewed. Each applicant’s resume, application and other available information will be considered n the screening process. Only those persons currently meeting all of the minimum requirement will be considered.
2. Experience in computer troubleshooting.
4. Experience with Windows, Mac, and mobile device (e.g. iOS/Android) operating systems.
insurance issuing authority for the operations of school district vehicles in the performance of assigned duties.
Equipment used: Computer, service tools, motor vehicle, telephone.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Climbing, stooping, bending, heavy lifting, and kneeling; frequent use of small hand tools and electronic test equipment; frequent district-wide travel between schools. Occasional prolonged and irregular hours. Normal classroom/office environments, and work around electrical energy.
Check out Miguel’s Workshop Materials online at http://mglearns.wikispaces.com