Note: The following was prepared for a 30 minute webinar shared with teachers engaged in Bring Your Own Device/Technology implementation. It was my first venture with webinars to address BYOT. My plan is to offer more of these. How would you have improved what I did or done it differently? Feel free to leave constructive criticism/suggestions–don’t worry, I’ll get over my feelings–in the comments, email me privately (mguhlin @ g m a i l), or tweet at me @mguhlin . Thanks in advance!!
Video of Preso
View Video for viewing on your computer (this video is 79 megs in size and will be saved to your computer before playing)
I. BYOT Update
A. Quickly touch on week 1
B. Share connection statistics for Week 1 and Week 2
C. Invitation on Building Your PLN
A. Quizzes in a BYOT Classroom
- Five Tips to Quizzing Success in a BYOT Classroom
- Edmodo Quiz – Works best on iOS devices, as well as Chromebook, laptop, desktop computers. Android still needs work for quiz support.
- GoogleForm to Create a Quiz by Janna Burnable
- Self-Grading Quiz with GoogleForms by Jesse Spevack (Google-Certified Teacher) – Jesse demonstrates how to create a self-grading quiz with GoogleDocs alone, although you can also use GoogleDocs and Flubaroo (discussed further below).
- GoogleDocs and Flubaroo (via YouTube) by Amy “FriEDTECHnology” Mayer
- Flubaroo Tutorial by Alyssa Calhoun
- Watch video tutorial on Flubaroo (via YouTube)
C. Try It Out!This is where I pick out the top two easiest options in my opinion.
- Sample Edmodo quiz…try this out on all the mobile devices you have available! You will need to join this Edmodo group–BYOT QuickLearn
- Self-Grading with GoogleForms and Flubaroo