Since I have a daughter entering college, this blog entry on Sexual Assault on College Campus caught my attention.
Here is what I sent my daughter to read:
You need to read this:
Based on the research, avoid the following:
- Men that drink alcohol
- Drinking alcohol while on a date
- Leaving any drink or food unattended
- 60% of the guys you meet
- Fraternity boys
- College women are most vulnerable to rape during the first few weeks of the freshman and sophomore years.
- 90% of all campus rapes occur under the influence of alcohol.
- Men are more likely than women to assume that a woman who drinks alcohol on a date is a willing sex partner. 40% of men who think this way also believe it is acceptable to force sex on an intoxicated woman.
- Alcohol use at the time of the attack was found to be one of the four strongest predictors of a college woman being raped.
- Almost 60% of the completed campus rapes that take place on campus occur in the victim’s residence
Where’s that order form for mace, krav maga, personal bodyguards?
Get Blog Updates via Email!
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin’s blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure