|Apple Configurator available at Mac App Store|
Here’s the write-up that appears in Wired:
“Apple Configurator makes it easy for anyone to mass configure and deploy iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in a school, business, or institution,” reads Apple’s description of the software.
According to Apple’s website, the tool lets users configure up to 30 iOS devices at a time. “Apple Configurator can be used by larger organizations and businesses to set up new devices, install enterprise apps, and enroll each device with a Mobile Device Management solution for remote management by an IT administrator,” the site reads.
“It is perfect for the classroom or student lab where devices need to be quickly refreshed and kept up to date with the correct settings, approved policies, apps and data. Apple Configurator can also be used to personalize devices with data and documents for specific users.”
- If desired, label the devices with sequential numbers.
- Connect the Mac running Apple Configurator to a USB hub, rack, or cart with numbered slots. Do not connect devices yet.
- Open Configurator and click the Prepare pane.
- Set the base name for the devices (and optionally the first number to use).
- Check the “Number sequentially” check box.
- Select Supervision, iOS version, Restore, and Profiles options as desired.
- Click Prepare. Apple Configurator will wait for a device to be connected.
- Connect the lowest-numbered device to the USB hub, or connect an unnumbered device to the connector in the lowest-numbered slot. The lowest number is assigned to the name of that device as soon as Apple Configurator recognizes it.
- Connect the next lowest-numbered device or connect an unnumbered device to the connector in the next-lowest-numbered slot.
- Repeat step 8 until all connectors are in use.
- If you have more devices than connectors, when configuration of the lowest-numbered device is complete, disconnect it and connect the next device in sequence. Repeat step 10 until all devices have been configured.
- Apple Configurator: Using Volume Purchase Program (VPP) Redemption Codes – Learn how to use Apple Configurator to deploy copies of paid apps using redemption codes purchased from the Volume Purchase Program (VPP).
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner