|Source: http://www.stylemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Sexually-Harassed-300×222.jpg |
As luck would have it, I’ll be walking through the process of designing an online course to be deployed to a few thousand staff. I’m planning to work with a subject matter expert after we obtain district-level support. It’s a make-or-break kind of situation…if the course does the job well, it means we may get more business in online course design for mandatory professional development. If the course is poorly designed, fails to achieve its goal, well, we’ve wasted a lot of time.
Without action mapping:
- The client says, “I need a course.”
- You say, “Okay.”
- The client gives you a pile of content, the phone number of a subject matter expert (SME), and a deadline.
- You create a detailed storyboard or script, getting information as necessary from the SME. The structure of the information determines the structure of the course.
- The client and SME approve the script and you go into production.
- The course is made available and your job is done.
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner