On Saturday (10/08/2011) at around 11:15 am CST, Rushton Hurley will allow me to give a short presentation–check back here for the Elluminate link–on how blogging has changed my life. Wow, what a difficult topic to speak about! (smile). Rushton sent the invite months ago:
I run a professional development program called MERIT at the Krause Center for Innovation at Foothill College (Los Altos, California). It’s a group of 48 teachers from around the world chosen competitively, and they work together for a year, highlighted by a two-week summer program in the second half of July. We call that the Summer Institute, and everyone comes together to learn about all sorts of tools and resources, design projects, hear a bunch of amazing speakers, and generally have a great time.
Last year’s speakers included Kern Kelly, Ken Shelton, Lucy Gray, Carol Anne McGuire, Steve Hargadon, Jim Sill, and Jon Corippo. It’s done using Elluminate…if there is a topic you’d love to share with four dozen dynamic teachers, it would be an honor to have you connect with them.
For the topic, you might want to talk about how technology in general and blogging in particular changed your professional life.
To help Rushton’s caravan of learners, I’m hoping you will share–via a blog entry, a video clip posted on YouTube, or audio file (podcast)–how blogging has ROCKED your world…or not. A meme is born!
In case you haven’t played around with a meme before–they’re a bit out of fashion these days–here are some expectations:
- you respond the meme and link back to this blog entry
- leave a comment on this blog entry and then ask 5 more people to participate
- Notify those 5 people by sending them a quick note (a tweet prob would work).
I’m going to tag some veteran bloggers who have been around since I started doing this:
- Wes Fryer (SpeedofCreativity.org)
- Doug Johnson (Blue Skunk Blog)
- David Warlick (2cents)
as well as some folks that haven’t been around too long (relatively speaking):
- Ms. Ripp (Blogging through the Fourth Dimension)
- Dan Oestreich (Unfolding Leadership) – Read Dan’s Contribution to the Meme!
- Dave Mesiter (@phsprincipal – PCHS Director Blog) – Read Dave’s Contribution!
- Matthew “Mr. Foteah” Ray – Read his contribution!
- Joan Young’s video response (The Gift of Blogging)
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner