This is a position that closes on Monday, September 19, 2011, so don’t wait too long to apply! More information online at Northside ISD (San Antonio, Tx)
SALARY: $43,378 – $65,935
ORGANIZATION & STAFF DEVELOPMENT (OSD) INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGIST
Organizational and Staff Department
CLOSING DATE: September 19, 2011
The OSD Technologist, under the joint supervision of the Director of OSD, will be responsible for development, implementation, and support of a
variety of OSD initiatives that focus on online training and development services for campus and district staff.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Minimum of 60 college semester hours (emphasis in computer courses a must). Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems,
Computer Science or related area preferred.
Three years documented experience in training adults on various computer software applications in either a corporate or educational
Two years documented experience in project management related to technology staff development.
Specific experience with all of the following: (a) web page design tools, (b) Audio and video creation and editing, (c) CSS and HTML, (d)
Java Script, (e) relational databases sql statements, (f) php programming skills, (g) drupal or other content management system
Documented evidence of Digital Media products including: (a) web site design/development and programming and/or Intranet development,
(b) video productions, (c) best practices for graphic and instructional design of online learning modules.
Ability to resolve hardware, software and/or file compatibility issues.
Ability to work independently and perform a variety of complex activities simultaneously to meet deadlines.
Thorough knowledge of most of the following computer software applications: Windows/Mac operating system, Microsoft Office, and
Presentation skills (oral and written) for end-user training and application documentation.
External candidate must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting check. Non-refundable fee (approximately $50.00) paid by employee
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Meets regularly with OSD and Technology Services (network administrators, instructional technology specialists) to develop and implement
web-based learning solutions to meet the goals of the district.
2. Design, develop, and implement a comprehensive technology staff development program for all OSD staff.
3. Assists Technology Services staff with the implementation of OSD information and workflow solutions.
4. Designs, creates, and publishes online content including Websites, web pages, online learning modules, online tools, and online courses for
5. Design and produces multimedia content including presentation slide shows, video production, and print materials for a wide variety of
6. Coordinate the design, development and use of staff development materials to support OSD staff development.
7. Provide special technology assistance to senior staff to develop and complete high priority district projects.
8. Provide “just in time” training to assist OSD staff in completing technology related projects.
9. Create and deliver intermediate and advanced training to OSD staff on particular computer software applications.
10. Provide first level technical support, software installation, and conduct network related training to OSD staff.
11. Provide technical support for the District Electronic Professional Development Registration System.
12. Research additional technology applications, tools and upgrades to meet department goals and district needs.
13. Maintains records of staff development data, and prepares reports as needed.
14. Perform other duties as required by the Director of OSD.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent District-wide travel.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
SALARY: $43,378 – $65,935 PAY GRADE: C30 WORK DAYS: 226
Get Blog Updates via Email!
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin’s blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure