What program (FREE) do you recommend for teachers to use to just do minimal editing of photos for their websites? Mainly I want them to reduce the file size of the photo.
- Microsoft Picture Manger comes with MS office and its great and simple and has great compression… ( I am a Photoshop nut but this one my mom can use)
- If you still have licenses for Office XP or so, I do think Microsoft Photo Editor is very easy to use, and was distributed with the older versions of Office. Microsoft Office Picture Manager can “shrink” multiple photos at once, but is not quite as easy for novices.
- Microsoft Photo Editor can be installed without the other older Office products, I believe, although it’s been a while since I fiddled with it.
Here’s my response:
You might try this right-click image resizer (free open source):
- Irfanview – http://www.irfanview.com/
- THE GIMP – http://www.gimp.org/windows/
- Google Picasa desktop app (this is like using a mallet to swat a fly, IMHO)
Suggestions From Folks in the Peanut Gallery (a.k.a. Comments section):
What would your recommendation be?
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner