Although I’ve already articulated what I think are some good tips for online teacher professional development…I found Andrew’s list worth reading.
View a highlighted version of “edReformer: Online Teacher Professional Development- What do we do?” at http://awurl.com/3RdoUdj6c
Just the highlights:
create a culture of continuous feedback and improvement
Use a competency-based pathway model to create modules based on needs the teachers
- Online Teacher Professional Development- What do we do?
by Andrew MillerJanuary 25, 2011
- iNACOL recently put out a report around professional development and it too gives great indications of what online teachers need. Since we lack a plethora of content to distribute, we need to think about ways to create an effective professional development program for online teachers
- Identify what good online teachers do
- Identify critical components of the school framework
- Analyze what teachers need
- Create modules or trainings based on each of these needs
- Show teachers what it “looks like.”
- Continue to monitor and set goals with teachers