Two technology positions open in Illinois, working with the great Henry Thiele!
Network Manager and Computer Technician http://bit.ly/dNHJAX
Maine Township High School District 207 in Park Ridge, IL has 2 openings due to resignations. General descriptions are below and full job descriptions can be found here:
Network Manager – District Office
Maintains network systems including server hardware, operating systems, software, and service and is responsible for the district’s directory services and integration with all systems that can leverage directory services.
Primary Recommended Skills:
1. Knowledge and experience with company supported network platforms such as Novell, SUSE
Linux and Windows Server, server virtualization, and directory services.
2. Certification in MCSE, MCTS, or MCITP and experience managing an Active Directory
3. Ability to design and maintain various data networks including those based on internal and
4. Ability to deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot computer network hardware, software, and
Primary Position Responsibilities:
1. Maintains network systems including server hardware, operating systems, software, and
2. Supervise and evaluate the district network and data teams
3. Is responsible for the district’s directory services and integration with all systems that can
leverage directory services.
4. Implements network security, recognizes necessary network improvements, and works with
the district technology managers to implement improvements.
5. Maintains the content filter, firewalls, and servers.
6. Manages the Google Apps for Education control panel, users, rights, permissions, and
integration with other services.
Projected Salary 80-95K per year
Building Computer Technician – Maine South High School
The Building Computer Technician serves as a technical expert for all hardware, software, and operating systems used in the school and ensure that the building’s hardware, software, and operating systems are functioning correctly.
1. Skilled in the use, maintenance, and deployment of software and hardware
2. In-depth knowledge of operating systems in use including Windows XP, Linux, and MacOS
3. Skilled in the repair of computers and related equipment
4. A+ certification or evidence of training in computer and/or peripheral repair
5. Experience in troubleshooting hardware and software issues
6. MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certification desired
7. Experience with computers in a networked environment and directory services
8. Be able to lift 50 pounds
Projected Salary 35-40K per year
“As a matter of policy, the sex, sexual orientation, color, physical handicap, race nationality, residence, age, religion, or religious affiliations of any applicant shall not be considered either a qualification or disqualification.”
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin’s blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure