Recently, someone asked this question:
I need some help from this group! I am looking for a free animation program I can download for my 7th grade students. We are interested in creating short animations
with characters, backgrounds, text, and possibly voiceovers.
Here are some of the responses shared…what others would you add?
- XtraNormal – http://www.xtranormal.com/makemovies/?sitetab=1
- DoInk – http://www.doink.com/
- MonkeyJam Stop-Motion Animation – http://monkeyjam.en.softonic.com/
- Synfix – http://www.synfig.org/
- Pivot Stick Figure Animator – http://www.snapfiles.com/get/stickfigure.html
- Animasher – http://www.animasher.com/
- You can do lots of cool animation just using Keynote or Power Point (view examples), actually. You can prepare your drawings in some program like Sumo Paint, and save them as .png files so they maintain a clear background. Then you can insert audio, etc.
Update: Here are some others have contributed…
- via Twitter: @Lmorowski (Teaching in the 21st Century) offers Fluxtime Animate
- Check out this list which includes examples of what each site produces
- Animation solutions from a “programming perspective:”
Bookmark this on Delicious
Subscribe to Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin’s blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure