At the risk of being real “curmudgeony,” I’m going to decline the 2009 Edublog Award nomination for Best Resource Sharing Blog. (and no one ever better suggest a lifetime award for me until I’m buried!).
Like a few others on the list–you know who you are–I find lists of exemplary blogs, voting for them, measuring their Technorati ranking a bit…well, counter-productive and repulsive. Those things are incidental to being a blogger, aren’t they? But I’ve grown more mellow in my “old blogging age.” People like to make lists, and do all that other stuff so…c’est la vie.
I appreciate those of you who sought to nominate Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org for the award (heck, any award) but I know the worth of my work and your daily comments and reading are affirmation enough. Since I’ve written why I blog many times before, I’m not going to go into detail again.
However, if the Edublog Award organizer persist in keeping a link to my blog, would you mind fixing my name? It’s mis-spelled as “MGulin” when it needs to be “MGuhlin.”
Thanks to all for your consideration!
That aside, here’s a list of the nominees…please drop by and give them a visit, subscribe….
1. Best individual blog
2. Best individual tweeter
3. Best group blog
4. Best new blog
5. Best class blog
6. Best student blog
7. Best resource sharing blog
8. Most influential blog post
9. Most influential tweet / series of tweets / tweet based discussion
10. Best teacher blog
11. Best librarian / library blog
12. Best educational tech support blog
13. Best elearning / corporate education blog
14. Best educational use of audio
15. Best educational use of video / visual
16. Best educational wiki
17. Best educational use of a social networking service
18. Best educational use of a virtual world
19. Lifetime achievement
Subscribe to Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin’s blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure