What are the top 7 apps you’re most thankful for on Windows? Macintosh?
- TrueCrypt – allows me to keep my data secure no matter whether it’s on the hard drive or USB flash drive.
- Tweetdeck – easily manage tweets, etc. using this.
- MPEG Streamclip – easily convert video on a Mac, something that was missing when Visual Hub disappeared.
- The UnArchiver – allows me to easily handle zillions of compressed files, no matter what the format.
- TextWrangler – great, easy to use text word processor.
- Skitch – just incredibly awesome tool to annotate images, etc. I use it every day for everything.
- Jing Pro – Best $15 I’ve spent on an application for video screen captures. Wow, like Skitch, I use it every day.
- PSPad – great text/php file editor. One of my first installs on any Windows computer I touch.
- Filezilla FTP – FTP program that I use on both Windows and Mac, but it’s essential for my work on Windows computers.
- CCleaner – great for cleaning out the registry, uninstalling programs, just a great all-around tool.
- FormatFactory – audio/video conversion tool that’s easy to use and works most of the time.
- VLC MediaPlayer – wonderful audio/video player that just works. I love that it plays Quicktime without me having to install Quicktime Player on my computer.
- SpywareBlaster – innoculate your computer against spyware…what else need be said?
- 7zip – easy to use compression program that makes extracting/compressing files a breeze via right-mouse click.
Subscribe to Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin’s blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure