A new game I’m taken with…Urban Terror. Great graphics, works on Linux, Mac and Windows.
Urban Terror™ is a free multiplayer first person shooter, that (thanks to ioquake3) does not require Quake III Arena. It is available for Windows, Linux and Macintosh. The current version is 4.1. Urban Terror can be described as a Hollywood tactical shooter; somewhat realism based, but the motto is “fun over realism”. This results in a very unique, enjoyable and addictive game.
Source: Urban Terror
Unique features of the game:
- Ledge-grabbing. This feature allows a player to jump and grab a ledge in order to pull themselves up. Since then we have added wall jumping and power slding to give the gamer more of an edge.
- Stamina. in-game medics allow a gamer to be healed up, prevent lose of health and increasing their stamina.
- Level variety. There have been many levels created and supported by Urban Terror over the years, including a Capture the Flag and Bomb/Defuse mode that go along with Team Survivor. Some of the more popular levels include Casa, Turnpike, Abbey, Docks, Uptown, Riyadh, Rommel and Village. Over the years many of these “classic” levels have been updated, some in order to support new game modes or to fix problem areas and create new texture sets for them.
- SWAT vs Red Dragons. introduction of a new “theme” after floating in the sea of identity crisis since its inception. Gone are military and Cold War theme and in come the Red Dragons vs SWAT. The “bad guys” are known as the Red Dragons, complete with orange prison jumpsuits with their biker chicks dressed in hot, bright leather duds. SWAT really needs no introduction, the best of the best when it comes a quick response, tactical assault team. SWAT pursues the Red Dragons through many unique scenarios (see levels) in hopes of bring them to justice.
- Weapons. Great selection of weapons available, including 3 that you carry around after making selections at the start of each game. Very nicely implemented.