$18.5M Available for 80 Library Grants!
The Education Dept. is offering a new $18.5-million dollar program for funding 80 awards for school libraries– deadline: Mar. 6.
Eligibility: Local educational agencies with at least 20% of students below the poverty line
See below for details:
Purpose: The program improves student reading skills and academic achievement by providing students with increased access to up-to-date school library materials; well-equipped, technologically advanced school library media centers; and well-trained, professionally certified school library media specialists.
- Purchasing up-to-date school library media resources.
- Acquiring and using advanced technology that is integrated into the curricula of the school to develop and enhance the information literacy, information retrieval and critical-thinking skills of students.
- Facilitating Internet links and other resource sharing networks.
- Providing professional development for school library media specialists and providing activities that foster increased collaboration among library specialists, teachers and administrators.
- Providing students with access to school libraries during non-school hours.
For all the details on this and all of the latest federal and private grant opportunities, just click on this link and register for two-week free access to Federal & Foundation Assistance Monitor – or any of our other new reports! When you reach our site, simply check Federal & Foundation Assistance Monitor.
If you have trouble signing up for the two-week free access, call Chet Dembeck at 1-800-666-6380, ext. 131 — or email email@example.com.
CD Publication, 8204 Fenton Street, Silver Spring Md. 20910
Subscribe to Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org
Be sure to visit the ShareMore! Wiki.